Tuesday, January 24, 2012

SHADES OF SHELDON


Courtesy Chuck Lorre, I no longer feel that my elder son is weird. He just shows shades of Sheldon. Science and all that is esoteric excites him no end. Jostling with abstractions stimulates him more than anything else.

He also has similar sense of humor, guffaws at the bizarre. He vacillates so simplistically between the most vulnerable and most audacious. Sometimes he connects to instantly, and sometimes his aloofness seems to stifle the most earnest. When I saw the 4 napkin regimen of Sheldon at Dinner table, I was once again reminded of my pressingly persnickety son.

So it seems Sheldon is not a figment of imagination of a sitcom creator, but exists in shades in some people, and then of course there is a creators’ pardon, that can explain the concomitant exaggeration, but clearly it is that very exaggeration that engenders the punch in the prank.

But on one hand, while I quite like the Big Bang Theory, I find Mike and Molly or Two and Half Men, quite intellectually jading. All of them have one thing in common and that is their creator.

Come to think of it, Chuck Lorre, probably a failed guitarist, straddles a wide spectrum in sitcom direction. But notwithstanding, the merit I attribute to others, Big Bang Theory, is clearly to me a culmination of creativity for this director. One post-prandial ritual that makes me laugh. And the actor who plays Sheldon, does that to an emotive perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment