Friday, December 28, 2012

IS THE GOVT STUPID?


Is the Government Stupid?


At their age I did not have such clarity of thought. I was of the view, that the shifting to Singapore of the 23 year  raped intern who is battling death, was a ruse by the government, to ensure she dies outside of India. Her dying in India would fuel passions and trigger a fresh round of uncontrollable protests.

So, yesterday, when I took my usual journey from Mumbai to Delhi, I though I would engage with the crew, young people they, to get a feel of what they think. I was surprised to see, they were very clear, the girl would die, her condition was so critical, that the government did not want her to die in India. I realized I was cleary over estimating myself and underestimating this younger generation.

They have clarity of thought which at their age perhaps we did not have. The air hostess also engaged in very mature conversation and said that girls should wear appropriate attire at all times, something that I would never openly say, though would always recommend to my daughter and wife and even mother.

When you have a generation with such maturity of though, it indeed becomes very difficult for any government to  handle them with anything that is less than abject sincerity of intent.

The crew prayed that the girl should somehow live, and I would do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment