Saturday, July 28, 2012

Rahul Gandhi's Special Observer for Shopping Malls



I have been very verbose about the culture of VIPism so rampant in the country. And one of its most obvious manifestations is the beacon light on the car. Particularly in the NCR, adorning the car with a red beacon light is a disease symptomatic of a exploitationist political system poised to eventually collapse under its own weight.

MPs / MLAs mount these red beacons mostly without entitlement on their cars’ roofs, and emulating them, smaller wannabe ranks like Sarpanches of villages do the same. What advantage it fetches them is clearly beyond my ken.

Today I saw a red light on a Skoda Yeti HR 36 R 9799. This car also prominently displayed via a computer generated paper sticker “special observer deputed by Shri Rahul Gandhi”. I took a picture of this car, as I found this hilarious. And I am impelled to share this picture with you. One must have a disdainfully low IQ to be able to flaunt a signage of this sort on a car.

I believe, this is one of the many queer ways in which the Gandhi family could be rewarding unalloyed loyalty. But I only hope, Rahul Gandhi is aware of this observer who is already basking in the glory of such appointment. We saw this car parked prominently without a driver at the Spencers Mall in Gurgaon and then in Ambience Mall again in Gurgaon. It seems Rahul Gandhi appointed an observer to observe shopping pattern and habits of weekend mall trotters.

No comments:

Post a Comment