Friday, November 12, 2010

Now I Know India is Great




Now I know Mera Bharat Mahan

Now I know for sure. India is truly a great country. I have no doubt anymore.
The president of United States has said so, and he can’t be wrong. Particulary the self effacing Obama who conjures in me images of my favorite Vulcan of Star Trek - Spock - who spoke nothing but truth.

Indian culture is great. The president of the United States has said so, and the first lady has gyrated on a Kholi number. No bigger vindication for a nation begging approval of the West.

I personally believe that Obama is a well meaning man but Americans will ensure he fails, just to establish, they gave a black guy a fair chance on the highest ideals of equality of opportunity and democratic values, but as a community they are not yet equipped enough to lead America and thereby the world.

I am now also convinced that Swami Vokanad (sic) aka Vivekananda was a great Swami visiting the hometown of Obama - Chicago - although I don’t think he succeeded in establishing Hinduism as the greatest religion as many of us like to believe because Obama did not say so. Or did he?

Seeing Michelle I always feel, she is a dominatrix. While the stressed first black president of USA slogs to redeem the pledge that he made to the people who voted him to power, Michelle does all fun stuff flaunting her sartorial sense ( which at least I believe is bizarre ) and outings. To me she gives Govinda a run with her acute sartorial sense.

In addressing the joint session of the parliament, I think Obama had his tryst with the most corrupt of politicians of the world under one roof. May be some dictators in Africa or Latin America could beat the Indians in corruption, but collectively, the Indians will be clear winners. Many Indian politicians could even buy the Queen of England hands down or tease Warren Buffet at his own game.

He also saw how the most vibrant and largest democracy appoints a President whose only claim to fame is being close to the first family. The Prime Minister has not faced the electorate but is generally perceived as a safe stop gap arrangement ruling as regent till the prince Rahul is of age. Although, an avid commentator may in a saccade of the eye on the American political firmament gloat on parallels like Palin or Bush himself. But that is no savior.

Obama and I would say America all of sudden remembered that India discovered the zero. May be in the next trip, economic compulsions would force him to recognize ancient India’s contribution to astronomy, science, medicine and philosophy also one by one.

Battling constantly falling rating at home, I don’t know how much Obama will gain returning to America with an applauding India on his back and India which was no longer emerging but an “emerged” economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment